Sheffield Chamber Players is dedicated to bringing great works of chamber music into the intimate spaces they were written for, such as private homes. Paired with the educational and entertaining pre-concert talks, as well as casual conversations with artists afterwards, Sheffield Chamber Players' innovative and dedicated approach to home concerts breaks down barriers between audience and performers and appeals equally strong to public with little-to-none concert-going experience, as well as to connoisseurs. Currently at the end of our 5th season, the group has seen a tremendous rate of growth, and with over 30 performances per season we are looking to find the right person to help us with administrative and organizational workload associated with running the group.
We are looking for a qualified professional with experience in administration, preferably in arts, to help us with a variety of administrative tasks. Music education as well as a BMA are a big plus since we anticipate a strong potential for growth for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Prior administrative experience.
- Highly organized and responding promptly to communications.
- Great communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of the structure of a performing arts organization and fundraising.
- Basic/intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Basic skills with a graphic design software such as Photoshop or Gimp.
- Basic/intermediate knowledge of Mailchimp, Wix and Paperless Post.
- Basic knowledge of social media platforms, particularly Instagram and Facebook.
- Arts administration experience/degree.
- Music performance degree.
- Scheduling player meetings and other events.
- Gathering player availability for the season, creating and maintaining the SCP performance
availability master calendar.
- Rehearsal scheduling.
- Helping plan the major events of the season (fundraising campaigns, hosting drives, non-house.
concert events) and ensuring that they take place according to the established timeframe.
- Create Paperless Post events for hosts.
- Keep hosting, attendance and revenue records up to date.
- Design Mailchimp campaigns (including drafting the text, inserting images, links, functionality etc.).
- Help design various promotion materials.
- Promptly providing donation receipts and thank you messages for donors.
- Maintaining an accurate donor database.
- Help in drafting fundraising messages.
- Website maintenance and updating using Wix (no coding necessary).
- Process and upload the occasional audio/video materials, including editing and posting on social media.
- Attend at least several SCP performances per season, at which help with setup, interact with hosts and audience and take performance photos.
- Maintain active presence for SCP on social media platforms such as Facebook and
Competitive hourly rate
If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com by Monday, May 27, 2019.